lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

Exercises on Past Continuous and Simple Past.

EXERCISE A A group of people were staying in a hotel. One evening the fire alarm went off. Use the words in parentheses to make sentences saying what each person was doing at the time.
Example:   (Michael / take / a bath)   Michael was taking a bath.

1.
(Ann / write / a letter in her room)
Ann  .
2.
(George / get / ready to go out)
George  .
3.
(Carol and Dennis / have / dinner)
Carol and Dennis  .
4.
(Tom / make / a phone call)
Tom  .
 
EXERCISE B
Make sentences from the words in parentheses. Put the verbs into the correct form: SIMPLE PAST or PAST CONTINUOUS. 

Example:  (I / fall / asleep when I / watch / TV).   I fell asleep when I was watching TV.


1.(the phone / ring / while I / take a shower)

The phone  .
2.
(it / begin / to rain while I / walk / home)
.
3.(we / see / an accident while we / wait / for the bus)
EXERCISE C
Put the verb into the correct form: PAST CONTINUOUS or SIMPLE PAST.


Example:  While Tom was cooking (cook) dinner, the phone rang (ring).

1.
George   (fall) off the ladder while he   (paint) the ceiling.
2.
Last night I   (read) in the bed when suddenly I  (hear) a scream.
3.
 (you/watch) TV when I called you?
4.
Ann   (wait) for me when I   (arrive).
5.
I   (not/drive) very fast when the accident  (happened).
6.
I   (break) a plate last night. I   (wash) the dishes when it   (slip) out of my hand.
7.
Tom   (take) a picture of me while I   (not/look).
8.
We   (not/go) out because it   (rain).
9.
What   (you/do) at this time yesterday?
10.
I   (see) Carol at the party. She   (wear) a new dress.

Links:

http://www.ompersonal.com.ar/omexercise/tiemposverbales/unit12.htm

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario